Limiting global warming to 1.5°C implies reaching net zero CO2 emissions in 2050 according to the IPCC. Next to substantially reducing emissions, this target will only be possible by globally deploying carbon removal (CDR) solutions at the scale of billions of tons of CO2.
Neustark is a leading provider in this rapidly growing field, having developed a solution to permanently store CO2 from the air in recycled mineral waste such as demolished concrete. Founded in 2019 in Switzerland, our first solutions have been deployed in Switzerland and Europe and are already capturing and storing tons of CO2 every week. We are currently scaling up our operations and carbon removal impact globally – on the road to removing one million tons of CO2 in 2030, and beyond that.
We’re a team of 60 people based mainly in Switzerland and Germany and working internationally. Together, we enable permanent CO2 storage for a bright future of all generations on our planet.
Join neustark today to help shape the carbon removal journey!
What your future team does:
Marketing & Communications (MarCom) shapes and tells neustark’s stories. To our target groups, from local construction recyclers to sustainability officers at international companies, from our colleagues and investors current and potential to the general public. We do so on channels such as social media, our website, media, onsite at our plants, and at events. We’re building the neustark brand – and building awareness of the CDR industry.
What your job could look like:
- Build and lead our media strategy for our core markets (Germany, Switzerland, Austria, France, UK and Europe in general) and internationally.
- Shape and tell the stories that we can and want to tell externally, from idea to writing to dissemination.
- Build and manage our network of international and regional media contacts writing about climate, sustainable construction, tech, and start-up topics.
- Write and edit texts for various channels and target groups: press releases, social media content, Q&As, marketing assets, blogs, and so on.
- Grow our brand awareness by shaping and executing targeted PR measures, from pitching to target media outlets, to strategizing regular, wider media campaigns, to acting as neustark’s main media spokesperson.
- As a senior member of our MarCom team, co-create new ways of how to communicate to our target audiences (concrete recyclers, sustainability officers, talent, investors, and the broader public), including measuring our impact.
What’s in it for you:
- We’re building our future! And you can join us on our journey of shaping the rapidly evolving market of carbon removal – for the good of all generations on our planet.
- Be an integral part of an enthusiastic and driven team. We are agile and resourceful in how we work, with an open feedback culture and flat hierarchies.
- As a scale-up with strong growth and a solid financial foundation, we offer attractive remuneration and amenities including possible company participation.
- What else can we say… Working at neustark is high-pace, high-excitement, high-impact, high-fun! Want to put this theory to test? Apply today!
What we’re looking for:
- Four to eight years of experience in media relations at an agency, a corporate and/or a start-up.
- An established network of media connections with outlets and journalists in Germany, France, the UK, and other European countries writing about climate, sustainable construction, and start-up topics.
- A knack for shaping creative storylines and telling our story a compelling way to the media and other target groups.
- You have a get-things-done mentality, are structured, a good communicator (of course!), and a team player.
- You thrive in a high-pace, high-impact environment, where you drive initiatives, measure ROI, and optimize the basics at the same time.
- English, French or German native with an excellent level of at least one of the other languages.