Limiting global warming to 1.5°C implies reaching net zero CO2 emissions in 2050 according to the IPCC. Next to substantially reducing emissions, this target will only be possible by globally deploying carbon removal (CDR) solutions at the scale of billions of tons of CO2.
Neustark is a leading provider in this rapidly growing field, having developed a solution to permanently store CO2 from the air in recycled mineral waste such as demolished concrete. Founded in 2019 in Switzerland, our first solutions have been deployed in Switzerland and Europe and are already capturing and storing tons of CO2 every week. We are currently scaling up our operations and carbon removal impact globally – on the road to removing one million tons of CO2 in 2030, and beyond that.
We’re a team of 50 people based mainly in Switzerland and Germany and working internationally. Together, we enable permanent CO2 storage for a bright future of all generations on our planet.
Join neustark today to help shape the carbon removal journey!
What your future team does:
In our small but packing-a-punch CDR team, we certify and sell the climate impact that neustark generates. On the one side, we manage the entire cycle of registration, validation, monitoring and verification of our carbon removal projects, based on official carbon standards and 3rd party certification platforms. On the other, we manage the sales of our carbon removal certificates on the voluntary carbon market to international companies.
Additional support will also be given to climate policy topics under responsibility of Business Development department.
What your job could look like:
- Register new projects and apply monitoring methodologies under different certification standards such as Gold Standard or FOEN.
- Support validation and verification audits and preparing relevant documentation and reports.
- Assess and calculate the climate impact of our projects.
- Quality assessment and tracking of monitoring data.
- Engage in policy-related activities such as public consultations and collaboration with relevant organizations, contributing to the shaping of policies that align with our mission.
What’s in it for you:
- Helping to shape pioneering technology and company with a true purpose: to stop and reverse climate change!
- In our fast-growing scale-up, you will have an abundance of personal growth opportunities and gain deep insights into the certification mechanisms of the voluntary carbon market.
- We are an enthusiastic, determined and young team that wants to make a difference every day.
- You actively contribute with your ideas and personality to enrich us all.
What we’re looking for:
- University degree or an equivalent academic background in environmental sciences, environmental engineering, other sustainability-related disciplines.
- Knowledge of life cycle assessments.
- Ability to communicate complex subjects to a diverse audience. This includes the ability to create high-quality written documents in English.
- A driven, enthusiast and independent working colleague with good project management skills.
- Fluent in English and German.